TOKYO BEST CHERRY BLOSSOM SPOTS & SUMIDA RIVER CRUISE
– Enjoy seeing cherry blossoms on this tour accompanied by a National Government Licensed English Guide Interpreter to Ueno Park, selected as one of the top 100 cherry blossom spots in Japan. Also, board a Sumida River cherry blossom viewing boat in the evening for a nighttime cruise.
– Opened in 1906, Shinjuku Gyoen is a Japanese garden created for the Imperial Family. The garden – which is skillfully comprised of a formal garden, a landscape garden, and a Japanese garden – is an iconic modern European-style garden from the Meiji period (1868-1912) and is considered a masterpiece among the few landscape gardens in Japan. The garden features 1,000 cherry blossom trees of about 65 types, plum trees, azaleas, Yoshino cherry, and many other colorful blossoms.
– The Sumida River nighttime cherry blossom cruise departs from Asakusa and lasts for about 45 minutes. Cherry blossoms bloom brilliantly on both sides of the Sumida River. A light bento box meal (Japanese cuisine) made specially for nighttime cherry-blossom-viewing boat rides will be served on board. Select 1 drink from non-alcoholic beverages, beer, or canned chuhai (shochu highball).
– While viewing cherry blossoms, enjoy a sakura mochi snack, a spring specialty. Admire the beauty and savor the taste of Japan’s cherry blossoms.
– Departure: Tokyo
– Time: 8:30 – 18:45
– Duration: Full Day
– Guide: English Speaking Guide
– Meals: Included
– Visits: Sumida River Cruise, Tokyo Tower
– Depart from Check-in Counter on the 3rd floor of Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo’s Main Tower in Shinjuku
– Check-in Counter on the 3rd floor of Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo’s Main Tower in Shinjuku
– 5 min on foot from JR Shinjuku Station West Exit.
– The entire park is home to approximately 1,500 cherry trees that bloom in full glory.
– Inside, there is a vast garden with a beautiful landscape formed by roughly 200 cherry trees amidst an expansive lawn. There is also a bridge from where rows of cherry trees can be seen lining the river. Participants will be guided to the captivating cherry blossom viewing spots in the park.
– Enjoy spring in Japan to the full as you gaze upon delightful tulips, rape blossoms, bonsai trees, a Japanese garden, and other blooms of the season.
– Enjoy a Japanese-style lunch.
– Enjoy a bird’s eye view of cherry blossoms! See a sweeping panorama of the city from 150 meters above the ground.
Sumida River Nighttime Cherry Blossom Cruise
– On this limited-time cruise, enjoy the illuminated night time cherry blossoms and a traditional Furisode-san dance performance, all set against a beautifully lit-up Tokyo Skytree in the background.
– For dinner, savour a bento made especially for this cruise from the long-established Japanese restaurant “Asakusa Imahan.” Select 1 drink from non-alcoholic beverages, beer, or canned chuhai (shochu highball). After disembarking, please head to your next destination on your own.
– If the minimum number of participants (2) is not met by 4 days before the scheduled date, the tour on that date may be cancelled.
– Requests for vegetarian meals must be made at least 5 days before the tour departure date. Please note that requests made any later cannot be accommodated.
– If it is not possible to view cherry blossoms at all locations due to the timing of blooming, the tour may be cancelled. In such cases, participants will be notified through their contact information at least 4 days in advance.
– The order of itinerary and arrival times may vary depending on road conditions and congestion at destinations. In such cases, time spent at destinations may be shortened or the itinerary may be omitted, but these will not be accepted as reasons for requesting booking charge refunds.
– There is no booking selection for 4 to 5 year old children, but JPY 400 must be paid for such children to enter Tokyo Tower.
– An additional admission fee is required to access Tokyo Tower’s Special Observatory. Those who plan on entering must pay the required charges at the location.
– Participants of this tour will see the sights at each cherry blossom viewing spot on foot. Please wear shoes and clothing which are easy to walk in.
– Vegetarian options are not available for the light meal served on board the cruise. Also, minors (those under the age of 20) are not permitted to drink alcohol under the Japanese law. Minors and those who prefer not to consume alcohol will be served a non-alcoholic drink.
– The tour will still be held even in the case of rain, but in case of heavy rain or storm, the Sumida River cruise may be cancelled.
– The tour will visit either Chidorigafuchi or Shinjuku Gyoen depending on cherry tree blooming conditions. Please note that the drop-off location may vary depending on the itinerary visited on the day.
– Please note that alcoholic beverages, intoxication, and using play equipment are prohibited at Shinjuku Gyoen. Visitors’ handbags may be inspected, so please be forewarned.