Kyoto & Nara 1-Day Tour from Kyoto
– This is a tour full of variety and features a visit to a world heritage site as well as a number of popular sightseeing spots in Kyoto and Nara. The tour is a combination of the Kyoto Morning Tour and Nara Afternoon Tour and includes lunch.
– Departure from Kyoto – Daily Jan. 5 – Dec. 30 (EXCEPT Feb. 16 , date of Nara Marathon)
– Departure Time: 8:30 AM
– Duration: approx. 10 hours
– National Government Licensed Guide/Interpreter: English speaking
– Other admission fees and transportation costs
** Note: Infants 0-3 may be free of charge but will not be provided with a seat or lunch. If a seat or lunch is required, please book under child rate.
Exclusions: Pick up & Drop off services
– 8:30 am Meet at AVANTI Sunrise Tours Desk (Kyoto Sta. Hachijo Exit)
– Tour departs by motorcoach.
Nijo-jo Castle (50 min)
Nijō Castle is a flatland castle in Kyoto, Japan. The castle consists of two concentric rings of fortifications, the Ninomaru Palace, the ruins of the Honmaru Palace, various support buildings and several gardens.
Kinkakuji Temple (45 min)
Kinkaku-ji, officially named Rokuon-ji, is a Zen Buddhist temple in Kyoto, Japan. It is one of the most popular buildings in Japan, attracting many visitors annually.
Kyoto Imperial Palace (40 min)
Kyoto Imperial Palace, which was the residence of the Imperial Family until the capital was moved to Tokyo in 1869, is located in Kyoto Gyoen Park.
* When Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed, Kitano-tenmangu Shrine will be visited instead. See remarks for details.
Enjoy a set menu lunch at a local restaurant (50min)
Todaiji Temple / Nara Park (60 min)
Tōdai-ji is a Buddhist temple complex that was once one of the powerful Seven Great Temples, located in the city of Nara, Japan
Kasuga Taisha Shrine (40 min)
Kasuga Grand Shrine is a Shinto shrine in Nara, Nara Prefecture, Japan. The interior is famous for its many bronze lanterns, as well as the many stone lanterns that lead up the shrine.
Nara Nagomikan (Gift shop) (20 min)
Nara Nagomikan is the largest souvenir shop in Nara. It is located right between Nara Park and Naramachi.
– The tour will return to Kyoto by motorcoach.
<From Kyoto> Drop off services to hotels in Kyoto as follows
♦ ANA Crowne Plaza Kyoto
♦ Hotel Nikko Princess Kyoto *available only to staying guests
♦ Karasuma Kyoto Hotel
♦ Kyoto Hotel Okura
♦ Kyoto Tower (Kyoto Station Karasuma Exit)
♦ Rihga Royal Hotel Kyoto
♦ Kyoto Tokyu Hotel
♦ AVANTI Sunrise Tours Desk (Kyoto Station Hachijo Exit)
1.Please make reservation in advance for all pick up services.
2.Actual departure times are shown. Please be in the hotel lobby 10 minutes before pick up time.
3.Times are subject to change with or without notice.
4.For tours including drop-off service, please select your preferred drop-off point from the tour’s designated pick-up points.
5.★ Pick up service from Hotel Nikko Princess Kyoto is available for guests staying at the hotel.
– As Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed on the following dates, tours on these dates will visit Kitano Tenmangu Shrine instead.(Mondays, Tuesday if Monday is a national holiday, May 14 – 17 for the Aoi Festival, the late December to early January, and whenever there is an Imperial Household event without notice)
– Nishi Hongwanji Temple will be visited on May. 25 instead of Kitano-tenmangu Shrine.
– Nijo-jo Castle is closed on every Tuesday in January, July, August, December and New Year’s holidays. During these dates, the tour will visit Ryoanji Temple instead.
– Areas requiring admission fees at Kasuga Taisha Shrine will not be visited.
– Drop off service to Karasuma Kyoto Hotel and Hotel Nikko Princess Kyoto cannot be provided during Gion Festival (Saki Matsuri / July 15th-16th) due to traffic restrictions.
– The tour may not visit Nara Nagomikan if it is closed or due to traffic conditions.
– Connections to Kyoto Night Tour and Kyoto Maiko Dinner are not possible due to time constraints.
– A set menu meal will be served for lunch. For those who would like a vegetarian meal, please make sure to inform us at the time of reservation. If requests are not provided in advance, same-day change cannot be accepted.
– Depending on the number of participants, a sedan or taxi van may be used instead.
|If cancellation notice arrives at JTB no less than 8 days prior to the departure date||N/A|
|If cancellation notice arrives at JTB within 2-7 days prior to the departure date||30% of the tour price|
|If cancellation notice arrives at JTB on the day immediately before the departure date||80% of the tour price|
|If cancellation notice arrives at JTB on the departure date||100% of the tour price|