4-Day Takayama Holiday from Tokyo
– Visit Mt. Fuji, Japan’s highest peak and the country’s most famous landmark. Spend the evening in the historical mountain resort area of Hakone before travelling to Takayama, known as “Little Kyoto”, and its preserved historical structures and environment. Mingle with the locals at the thatched roofed village of Shirakawago, a World Heritage site.
– Experience the making of washi, Japanese paper, at Gokayama, and then visit Kanagawa, home of Kenroku Garden, one of the three most beautiful gardens in Japan. Admire the ceramics at Kutaniyaki.
♦ 3 Nights‘ accommodation
♦ 2 Meals 2 x Lunch (Breakfast package available upon request)
♦ Full day sightseeing tours of Mount Fuji, Hakone and Shirakawa-go by local guides
♦ Hotel pick-up and drop-off services
♦ English-speaking assistance at points of transfer
♦ 1 Luggage transfer (Hakone – Kyoto)
** flights and personal expenses are not included
Pick up service at major hotels or Hamamatsucho Bus Teminal.
|Hotel Grand Palace||07:50|
|Hotel New Otani (Main Building)||8:10|
|Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal (until Sep 30)||8:50|
|Shiba Park Hotel Annex||8:45|
|Courtyard by Marriott Tokyo Ginza Hotel||08:30|
|Asakusa View Hotel||08:00|
|Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo (Shinjuku)||08:25|
|Washington Hotel Shinjuku||08:15|
|Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel||07:50|
|Grand Nikko Tokyo Daiba (from Oct)||07:50 – 8:00|
|Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo (from Oct)||08:20 – 8:30|
|Grand Prince Hotel New Takanawa (from Oct)||08:30 – 9:00|
|Hotel Metropolitan Tokyo Ikebukuro||07:35|
|Sunshine City Prince Hotel||07:50|
– Depart Tokyo aboard a deluxe motorcoach for Mt.Fuji (3,776m)
– Visit Mt Fuji 5th station (30 min). Drive halfway up the mountain to Mt.Fuji’s 5th Station (altitude 2,305 m.), enjoying the natural scenery en route.
– Japanese style Lunch is included
– Lake Ashi cruise (15 min) (Ashinoko Yuransen)
– Mt. Komagatake Ropeway (50 min). Ride an aerial cableway up and down Mt. Komagatake for a sweeping view of Hakone National Park.
– Overnight in Hakone Yumoto
Hotel to Odawara Station by coach.
Depart Odawara by Shinkansen to Nagoya and change to the Hida Limited Express train for Takayama.
In the afternoon, stroll through Takayama, visiting
– Yatai Kaikan Hall (30min), where colourfully decorated traditional festival floats are displayed
– Kusakabe Folk craft Museum (20 min), formerly the residence of powerful merchants under government patronage, and the streets of Kami Sannomachi, which preserve traditional Japanese wooden houses
Overnight in Takayama
* Jan 07 – Mar 03: Every Tue, Fri
* Mar 06 – Dec 25: Every Tue, Fri, Sun
– 20 Mar; May 3-5, Jul 19,24-26
– Aug 2,9,14-16, 23,30. Sep 20-22, Oct 13
– JTB Sunrise Tours reserves the right to amend the itinerary, even after the tours has commenced, due to traffic, weather or any other conditions beyond our control. While every effort will be made to adhere to the scheduled itinerary, compensation for any amendments or omissions is not available
– We recommend an overcoat or other warm clothing during autumn and winter. Please dress casually and wear shows comfortable for walking.
– This tour is offered for travellers from overseas only.
– Please inform us if you wish to include any tours on Day 4 of Round Trip Course.
– Drop-off service can be provided only to/from hotels included on the Sunrise Tour Pick up Plan.
– Upon booking please inform us of your pre and post tour accommodation.
– Minimu participants: 01 pax
– Rsv until 6 days before departure day
– Guide: English-speaking guide or assistant is included except onboard Shinkansen.
One Way Trip Course
Your baggage will be transported by land from Hakone to Kyoto with allowance of one piece per person on Day 2. For the overnight stay in Takayama and Kanazawa, we recommend you to carry a light overnight bag with you. For extra baggage, JPY2,200 will be charged per piece.
Round Trip Course
Baggage carriage is not included. Please make your own arrangements to have your baggage transported. or Please carry your baggage on your own. However, trains do not have areas for storing large pieces of baggage. We recommend leaving large pieces of baggage at your hotel in Tokyo while you travel by train.